Our 2017-2018 Short-Term Spanish Exchange group is gearing up for their upcoming departure for Madrid! The group met on Thursday, February 15 to craft some “Group Goals” and “Daily Leadership Roles” for their upcoming experience abroad:
- Improve Spanish! (Talk in Spanish to host families and friends; Participate during classes at CEM)
- Try new things/Get out of comfort zone (eat new foods)
- Engage with new people (open up to NA classmates; connect with host and host family)
- Focus on being present (Limit phone/technology use)
- Document and reflect on experience throughout (photos; daily journal)
- Become a better and more confident traveler
- Have fun!
Daily Student Leadership Roles:
- Leader(s) of the Day
- Social Media (Blog; Twitter)
- Language Police
- Phone Patrol
Follow along on their adventure abroad March 4-17 here on the blog and on our International Programs Twitter feed.