Our 2018-2019 Short-Term French Exchange group is gearing up for their upcoming departure for Paris! The group met on Thursday, February 21 to craft some “Group Goals” and “Daily Leadership Roles” for their upcoming experience abroad:
- Group Goals:
– Improve our French! (speak with St. Do friends, host family, and one another in French; play games when on excursions to hold each other accountable with this; be able to have a full conversation in French by the end of time abroad)
– Try new things/Get out of comfort zone (eat new foods)
– Make new friends (open up to NA classmates; connect with corres and host family)
– Become more familiar with French culture / pick up on “Frenchy” things
– Focus on being present (Limit tech/phone use)
– Learn more about ourselves
– Document and reflect on experience throughout (photos; daily journal)
– Become a better and more confident traveler (vs. being a tourist)
– Have fun!
- Daily Student Leadership Roles:
Leader(s) of the Day
Follow along on their adventure abroad March 6-20 here on the blog and on our International Programs Twitter feed!